Sunday, April 29, 2012

Market Basket -upside down Petite Purse

 On Saturdays we have a local organic market  that we love to go to with bunch of local vendors with piles of vegetables. fruits and flowers. It is just fun for my kids who love fresh kettlecorn and sampling berries with juices running down their chins.

So I made a little market basket using the petite purse die upside down.  This is really easy to make. Diecut petite purse using crumbcake and cut off the part that would normally be the"bottom". 
Trim off the rounded part of the sides of the purse and tuck and tape what would be normally the "top" of the purse inside the bag to create the bottom.  I made a handle from soft suede cardstock and then "sueded" it by crumpling it and taking the CS apart to create a real soft "suede" handle that was attached using mini brads.  (the handles were a tad long so I trimmed it to size.

I also love the flowers that they wrap in newspaper and wrap with cording and of course my market basket would have to
have one too.  I die cut little leaves sizzlet using some variety of left over green cardstocks pieces then punched blushing bride CS with the little flower from the itty bitty punch set adn put a little pearl in each one.  I put some dimensionals inside the cone of First edition DSP to allow the leaves to be more 3D. 

The mini ceramic veggies I have collected over the years for a doll house that I will never have - unless it's made out of Legos! 
Oh well!
Lynda

5 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Soooo cute!!

Unknown said...

Wow I am such a visual person, I think I would need a video!
Beautiful idea.

Unknown said...

you should submit this to the Artisan award or to the WOW factor contest in Stampin' Success! holy moley, these are AMAZING works of art!

Becky Green said...

WONDERFUL JOB!!!!!! You did such a FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!!!!!!! It's SOOOO REALISTIC!!!!!! :) Thanks for showing us! :)

Unknown said...

WOW!! Love it when I find other uses for one of our products!! Great job, I just love this basket!!! I will be featuring this market basket on My Crafty Picks #66 with a link back to your blog on 6-5-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Have a great day!!
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com