Thursday, April 19, 2012

Totally A-mazing


I think this set is so cool- I have been collecting stamps of all kinds for years now and I have never really seen a set like this one before so I had to have it of course. I bought a whole bunch of the mazes that match the stamp so perfectly and at $2.50 for 4 it is cheap! for such a cool toy! So, for my last stamping party I brought it all out and had a ball with it. This was the project. Base card is pool party with a piece of Lucky Limeade embossed with the adorning accents EF. Then layer some DSP- this one from Sweet Shop which has raised polka dots and heart- too cool! I stamped the maze in Wisteria and the heart in red and then punched it out with the 2 1/2 inch circle punch that fits the maze perfectly (do you even doubt that there are higher powers at work here?) Remove the backing to the maze (careful with the little metal balls) and replace it with the stamped version. I used glue dots on the 4 corners that hold the paper in to secure the maze to the background.
Take a 3 inch piece of wisteria ribbon and poke a hole in it and the limeade CS and put the brad throught it( Jelly Bean Brad from the Occasion Mini ).
Stamp the sentiment using Wisteria ink and punch out with modern label punch and adhere using dimensionals.
A little tricky but a cute card for maybe one of my boys!
Reminder to self: buy more mazes in case it does not make it into the main catalogue next year!
Wishing you an a-maze-ing day!
Lynda

No comments: