Thursday, April 26, 2012

Zebra Petite Purse


You can find inspiration in lots of different places and I saw this bag in an ad for Nordstrom for this zebra bag I went nuts.  Looked for a zebra paper (you would think with the years of DPS I have amassed over the years there would be a zebra print I could use but NO! The ones I had had too big a print and would not work.)  I had an old Ellison texture plate and tried to ink it up with black to create the texture but that didn't work either- it just made a huge mess on my silicone rubber that I used to layer the template.  So I thunk and thunk and thunk... and this is how I did it!    

Diecut the Petite Purse with whisper white CS.  Take the texture plate and ink it up with Versamark pad all over. 
Put the whole diecut onto the texture plate (the positive, negative and the handle) and emboss the whole thing making sure the edges are all in the plate (it does fit but barely!) Emboss using black embossing powder (if you are not using SU then make sure it is a detail embossing powder). Try to be careful handling it because you don't want to rub the powder off.  Heat emboss  and this is what you get.  I used the white gel pen to outline the edges and it really makes it pop.  Added a little white brad for the closure.  I really racked my brain for this one trying to figure out how to do it.  I am thinking I should work on cards using the retired sets for the next few weeks....

Lynda


This is the texture plate I used to create the texture on this project. (not SU).


No comments: