Sunday, April 22, 2012

Petite Purse Upside down Picnic Basket

I must be crazy- I have been dreaming about this all night- I flipped the Petite Purse down upside down and and was dreaming how I was going to make this picnic basket.  It is a bit unorthodox but I thought it worked well.  You need 2 Petite Purses cut out from Crumbcake CS.  Emboss one of the purses with the square lattice EF (you do need to run it through twice to fit the whole purse.  I used a sponge and some Soft Suede ink with a sponge to add soime dimenstion and tesxture. Cut down the rounded edge from the side and cut apart the part that would be normally the bottom to make the lid.  Score what would have been the top at 1inch from the edge to make a crisp edge and glue the lid to the inside.
I made reinforcing strips as you would see on real baskets with a 1/4 inch strips and a 1/8 inch strip on top of that. added little dots like little nails you would find on real baskets using chocolate chip stampin write markers and sponged the whole thing to add some distress.  I made the closure using the natural Hemp twine and used linen thread to tie a little piece of toothpick that I cut and sponged with Soft suede to match (like a toggle).  Then I used the mini brads to add the handles- again sponged with soft suede.  The slit for the opening I put to the back and with the texture hard to see that it is even there...
The top of the basket was also covered with strips of 1/4 inch and then 1/8 strips on top and then sponged again.  I thought it would be fun to add wine bottle and glasses, and maybe the bread from Studio Sketches to add some realism but didn't have time... but wouldn't it be fun?

Enjoy



21 comments:

Joyce said...

This is AWESOME!!! I would have never dreamed of turning it upside down. Love it so much.

Theresa Rafter said...

lovely job, you come up with some amazing ideas. Now I just can't wait for Australia to get that die so I can make it. Thank you for sharing Lynda xx

Inking Idaho said...

Oh my gosh Lynda, you have come up with some amazing creations for this die-cut! So, so cute!!!!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

If someone didn't know, they would swear it was a REAL picnic basket! Great job!

LM said...

Mega Like!!!

Ms said...

oh my gosh, this is so cute.... I really loved the idea... thx for sharing your creativity....

Patti said...

So cute and realistic. Great idea.

Becky Green said...

Paper Punch Addiction directed me here again AND FOR GOOD REASON!!!!!!!!! This is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Thanks for showing us!!!!!!!! :)

Snippets Of Jack said...

When I saw the first picture I thought you were showing the basket you were inspired by! You did such a great job getting texture and all the little extras made is so realistic! LOVE it!!!

Stamping Aweigh with Norma said...

This is AMAZING!! You are so creative. TFS.

Kerry Parkinson said...

I agree with everyone else - totally AWESOME! I never would have guessed this was the purse die. Your creativity is inspiring. TFS

Anonymous said...

Your purses are amazing. I loved them all. Well done and so creative.

Anonymous said...

What a good idea! You're so creative!!!

Anonymous said...

Your a NUT! This is a love of labor must have taken forever to make it. It is so freakin adorable. Do you think you would make a step by step pdf for it? I'd buy it!
Boy you must not get much sleep, to which I appreciate! lol
neena

Ruthie Graen said...

Lynda, you are so very talented and I can certainly appreciate all the creativeness and work that went into this! WOWZA

Lina Delgado said...

It is so amazing...and so real!, do you have a video tutorial for it?

laxmom said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial. The basket is just fabulous. I was wondering if you are thinking about making a video on how to do this. I am a visual learner! It would be much appreciated.

carmo73 said...

Amazing! Awesome! Fabulous! This is what came up to my mind when I saw your picnic basket.
Thanks for sharing the tutorial on top of that.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! You're trying to steal my other hobby. This is just the most incredible basket i have ever seen. Think I'll throw the ones I made out and start over.
WOW! PERFECT! AMAZING! UNBELIEVABLE!

jo g

Anonymous said...

Hi, here on the forum guys advised a cool Dating site, be sure to register - you will not REGRET it https://bit.ly/2E5M4mo

Anonymous said...

Hi, here on the forum guys advised a cool Dating site, be sure to register - you will not REGRET it https://bit.ly/2ZgTuuj