Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baby Bundle bib variations

 I have gotten a few requests for baby cards but since I often don't know whether it is for a boy or girl, I like to give people options.  So when I was coming up with this card, I chose yellow (of course) as a neutral to play off the pink or the blue colors. 
Super easy and people seemed to really like it at my make and take.

Take So Saffron base card.  Take a whisper white CS and stamp congratulations on it from Friendly phrases.  Punch out the white circle ( 1 3/8) from the part that will be hidden behind the colored squares. Stamp the duck from Baby bundle on the bottom of the circle. Color the duck with so saffron watercolor crayon directly onto the paper.  color the beak with pumpkin marker.  Take either the Pink pirouette or Bashful blue and punch the little scallop circle from the part that will be hidden.  
 Layer the stamped white circle onto the colored scallop. Then using 3/4 inch cicle punch, cut out what would be neck of the bib.  Used a paper piercer to make 2 little holes ( I tried a whole bunch of ribbons and threads, and none of it worked.  This gave the Impression of the a tie without actually having a tie, and it was even more simple!)

Use dimensionals to attach the bib.  Layer the So Saffron DSP onto your color choice cardstock then use dimenstionals again to raise the colored cardstock on top of the whisper white.
details of the bib.  So simple, so super easy and still so CUTE!

I thought it would be really cute gift to make a bunch of these with Thanks so much stamped on it from Every Wishes Simply Sent with the similar font style  to give to an expected mother so she would have a bunch of cute thank you's she can send out for the gifts whe may have gotten. 

Tie it with a sweet color coordinated ribbon and easy peasy cards that I am sure she will appreciate!

1 comment:

busylizzy said...

Thank you for sharing your design. I made a card using yours as inspiration for a shower today. I haven't posted a pic yet but might have it on my blog by tomorrow. Thanks again!