Sunday, May 13, 2012

Under the Big Top- Celebrate

There are some stamps that I just can't resist- sewing stamps, furniture stamps and circus stamps.  I don't know why but I swear I have every sewing body mannequin stamp and die manufactured.  So when SU came out with Under the Big Top and Big Top Birthday DSP I had to have it.  I just love it- I think it is the little kid in me and fascination with all the amazing things that go on and things the human body is capable of- Love Circ de Soleil, Pickle family circus, need I go on?

I was sad to hear that this cute little set was retiring so I had to make a card with it to show people what a cute set it is....   The color combo came from the DSP itself (as usual- the thinking has been done FOR you!)  Take a base of whisper white.  Add the 2" strip of Big Top Birthday DSP on top. Take 2" wide real red CS and run it through the stripe EF. Because I wanted the stripes to go up and down in this orientation, I had to run it through twice but because the stripes line up so easy, was no big deal even at my workshop.  Run tempting turquoise and shimmer white through the framelit die to fit your image.  I then stamped the elephant and colored him with watercolor crayon in sahara sand and used markers, daffodil, turquoise and real red to color in the rest.  I had separated the words from the image and used a black marker to stamp just the 'celebrate' from the words and used a 1 1/4" circle punch to punch it out and then tuck it under the yellow scallop edge.   Mount  the framelit die cuts with dimensionals to raise it up.  I will probably have to wait couple of years for the next set of clown stamps, oh well.  They seem to come out with one every 2-3 years. I have the old Clowining Around set that I unmounted now in the same stamp case. 
I thought this would make such a fun birthday or any fun occasion card for any young boy or man.  Enjoy!

Lynda

No comments: