Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Betsy's Blossoms CAS

You know you have a vision of what you're gonna make and it just doesn't work out?  This is one of those cards.  I loved the color combo from Splitcoast Color Challenge CC377 was for Blushing Bride (so sad that it is retiring) and celery and soft suede. I also wanted to do the LOVE challenge CAS172 but I had envisioned Two birds in mirror images but when I tried the mirror image technique it just did not look sharp enough to be a true mirror no matter what I used- mirror stamp, acetate so this is the revised version of it.
Base is soft suede with a layer of celery and whisper white.  I stamped the stem from Language of Friendship that I got from Sale-a-brationin limeade then stamped the bird from Betsy's blossoms in blushing bride.  I stamped the bird twice more on a scrap piece of whie and cut it out. Stamped the Big flower from Betsy's blossom and punched it out with the heart punch and stamped it with the leaf on it as well to look like the bird was carrying the leaf in its beak. 
Layer the crumbcake seambinding ribbon as shown. then the heart using dimensionals to line up with the leaf already stamped.  then the bird and the wing using dimensionals. Stamp love from Tiny tags with soft suede and punch it out with a jewerly tag punch.  Mount it with dimensional and put a dot with the limeade marker where the hole would have been for it to attach to the stem.    It was more complicated than I envisioned.  Oh, well, it has been that kind of a week. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had thought of having the bird holding a leaf in his beek but I couldn't make it look right. I love how you did it! Good idea!