Saturday, May 5, 2012

Blushing Bride flower bag

I was perusing through splitcoast newsletter- I do this whenever I have a minute to spare- and their Inspiration challenge today was for Vintage Trading company- and this cloche hat http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store/catalogimages/1a/i21266.html caught my eye- and of course I had to make a (sort of)matching purse. 
Took Blushing bride CS (to retire next month, sadly so I am stocking up) diecut the petite purse then embossed it with the snowburst EF (carried over so still available)- thought it looked  'basket weave'-y. Chopped off the top and the rounded corners of the side to make an open purse.

I diecut 2 handles in crubcake and attached it with mini brads and cut another scrap piece to make a band around the middle.

I also punched some leaves from the Bird Builder punch in greens and flowers with the 4 sided flower from the Itty bitty punches set in  regal rose and melon mambo. I took a large flower from the Boho blossoms punche out in the middle and put a dimensional in the center.  Use the scorer with the ball end to push down on the flowers on a mousepad to create some dimension and squish them in and put some more around the edges with tombow multimono liquid glue to set some more around the edges to create a round mound of flowers.   Set smallest pearls in the center of every flower.  I love this die so much~ my kids better have some girl grandbabies some day who I hope will love this stuff that I keep accumulating!

3 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

This is really fabulous!!!

Karin said...

I would love to subscribe to your blog by e-mail but you haven't set it up yet - would you mind doing that so I can get your posts as you make them? Thanks!

I usually make cards, tags and chipboard albums, but I am enjoying seeing your ideas!

Muhammad Atif said...

Use the scorer with the ball end to push down on the flowers on a mousepad to create some dimension Send gifts to Pakistan from UK.