Thursday, May 3, 2012

Everything Eleanor

 Splitcoast color challenge this week was for Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie and Bashful blue.  Not my favorite combination but I love a good challenge. I had gotten this Everything Eleanor set for free while I was at Stampin Up leadership and had not actually used it but it is coming out in the new catalogue to debut next month s I wanted to use it for this challenge too, so here is my sample.

I took a wild wasabi but cut it 8x 7 and folded at 3 1/2 to make a long card.  Took a bashful blue, embossed the flourish with wild wasabi embossing powder to give it a good pop of color on the blue (regular stamping does not do it justice so I am so happy to have matching embossing powders!)

Embossed the sentiment in black (I had the versamark pad out anyway....)  from Perfectly penned set.  Destress the edges and mount on Pumpkin Pie- also distressed. 
 I stamped a bunch of the flowers on a scrap piece of whisper white in pumpkin and cut them out quickly, mounted them with dimensionals, added some pearls, tied a ribbon and a reasonaby quick card that does not look it!

Enjoy!
Lynda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card. Can't wait to get my hands on that stamp set! Even though this is not your favourite colour combination, you did a great job making it work. --Doris