Monday, May 14, 2012

My obsession with chairs

 I have a giant poster that I have in my workroom that I have had since I was in residency (over 25 years now!)  of the chairs in Vitra Design Museum collection that I still love.  I have a limited collection stampset of Eames chairs that I HAD to have and of course when SU came out with Have a Seat set I had to have it too.  It's an obsession I can't explain and I don't even try to make excuses any more.  I love it, I want it, I'm gonna get it.   I am not much of a jewerly or fancy clothes kind of gal. So - what else can give me so much joy for only 11.95?  It's cheaper than 5 minutes of psychiatric help and I will have it forever...

I used it for this card that we made at my stamping party this weekend.  I got a lot of request for more 'manly' cards so I had to use my woodgrain background.  Very simple.  I got color combo from the color coach.  Soft suede base stamped with woodgrain using expresso pad.  Used Cherry Cobbler ink to stamp the chairs and sentiment.  lined with another cherry behind the very vanilla CS.
  
The thank you was stamped then punched out with word window punch then wrapped with linen thread to add some interest then glued down then snipped off to line it up.
I made the card stock big enough for people to choose what image they wanted to use.  Tool time is going away as well so this was an option I had people use.
This is one of my Eames Chair stamps in Cherry Cobbler with sentiment from Teeny Tiny wishes.  I thought it would be perfect for my father in law who has this EXACT chair in his study.
Another stamp from the same set with sentiment from Teeny Tiny wishes.  Don't they just go perfectly together?    Very clean and simple and you can rip out a dozen of these with different images and sentiment in no time.  and think what a lovely gift set it would make, eh?
Hugs to you all, Lynda

No comments: