Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Papaya Collage

 Some birds on some stampsets freak me out but some I don't mind so much and this one from the new Papaya Collage set is one of the latter.  Splitcoast challenge for color was pumpkin, Night of Navy and bashful blue and I thought of the Travel Journal DSP that I was hoarding from several seasons ago. I have promised myself not to be afraid to use some of my stash so here it is.  The sketch challenge for today was really amazing adn WT374 was to use birds so here is my triple challenge card.  Basecard is very vanilla with a layer of bashful with the travel journal DSP on top with rounded corners.

 I punched 1/8 inch holes to thread the 1/8 in navy taffeta ribbon and tied a knot.
Then I stamped the frame in navy, made another for masking and used the opening in the mask to stamp the bird in navy too and then masked the bird to stamp the leaves.  I stamped the leaves in limeade then did rock and roll around it with pumpkin to give it a fall feeling.  I thought it added additional depth. The whole thing was mounted on navy then pumpkin then I stamped the butterfly in pumpkin then edged it with the navy marker.  Cut the butterfly out and add little pearls to the
center as shown.

Happy Hump Day!
Lynda

2 comments:

Oona said...

Hi Lynda,
Love your use of colour in this card. I'm a "stamping doc", too! I'm new to SU and being a demo, but am really enjoying it. I'm a full time family doctor with a supportive husband and lovely daughter. It's fun to see another physician on here! check me out at lovenestwest.blogspot.com
Oona

Penny Hanuszak said...

Beautiful card. I like the way you used the rockn'roll technique on the leaves. Beautiful color use too! TFS.

Penny
http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com