Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My tulip- Lily of the Valley

My favorite flower is Lily of the Valley.  The house I grew up in Ohio had fields of it that my mom planted that just smelled amazing and the delicate little flowers were so beautiful.  When my parents sold their house I had only one wish. I wanted a few pips of the flowers so that I could grow it myself.  My mom packed the pips in wet newspaper and hand carried it to me 7 years and ago and I planted it in a pot and now it packs the pot and I get a handful of stems with the fragrant flowers just for a few weeks every year and I just love it.
 It brings back the memory of that old house with the pink and red flower wallpaper in the bedroom and you can't do anything but smile.
I have been looking for a die that would make this but could not find one until I saw this tulip and thought it could work so I tried it and think it does.  What do you think?  Base is lucky limeade with a flower from Mixed bunch stamped on it with craft white ( I had it left over from another project but I thought it still worked.  Stamped the sentiment (Full of Life- retired)  in black. The flowers just looked very dramatic with the black background so I kept it but did the tulip EF around it to frame it a bit then layered it with white before layering on to the base card.  I could add some more flowers but ran out of time. oh well.


No comments: