Friday, November 7, 2008

Caramel Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake

I am not known for my baking abilities- as my husband who has eaten many loaves rock hard bread can tell you- but I made this for my family from back of a pumpkin bread mix box and my MIL actually swooned over it. She's quite a baker so I figured it must be good. My kids all wait peering into the oven when this is in and as soon as it's out, they are clamoring to get a slice. It's good cold for breakfast ( I am eating the one in the picture right now, yum) and out of this world hot out of the oven with whipped cream on top and a glass of cold milk. I made this for my local stamp group and they liked it as well so here's the recipe for everyone who asked:

Caramel Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake

1 pouch Krusteaz Pumpkin spice Quick Bread Mix ( buy at Costco- it is seasonal and not always available)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup butterscotch chips ( a tiny bit more never hurts)
about 1/4 cup caramel topping ( get a good brand)

Preheat oven to 350 deg F. In medium bowl, blend together everything except the caramel topping. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 9 inch round pan. Drizzle caramel topping over batter and swirl with a knife or whatever you have . Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Makes 8 servings.
Enjoy!
Lynda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Anonymous said...

THANK U Lynda!! I can't wait to make this. My family is going to love it!!

Marisa said...

I'm so bummed I missed this!