Monday, November 3, 2008

Snow Swirled Christmas

This was designed by my Stamp and chat friend Annette Wen who just started a blog- check her out and send her some good wishes at: http://www.stampinwithannette.blogspot.com/





















My friend Helen bought this set when it was on sale and wanted some ideas on Christmas Cards.
I could not come up with one in the color scheme she liked so I just played with the cards in colors that I liked and some ideas I found on the blog land-and here are a few for you to peruse-

Base card in real red with Frosty Days DD and olive stamped with versamark with snowflakes, Kiwi ribbon, then red CS again. White CS stamped in Kiwi with tree and sentiment. I used 1/2 inch circle punch to the snowflakes stamped in real red on a separate white CS. Glue the punched snowflakes over flakes on the tree.












This is a very simple card- Take real red base card-then on a whisper silver emboss the tree and sentiment. Place 3 crystal brads as shown- tie kiwi/ vanilla ribbon and voila - all done- could work embossed with gold as well- whatever you prefer.






















This was one I cased from SCS- I just love the color scheme- Kiwi, with eggplant as accent under the whisper white.

Stamp snowflakes in eggplant, not quite navy and kiwi as shown. Hard to see but there is diamond glitter on some parts of the snowflakes- add a crystal brad and tie a kiwi ribbon. Really subtle and again - more sparkly in real life- remember with glitter, sometimes less IS more.

No comments: