Thursday, December 16, 2021

25 days of Christmas- Day 16 - easy gift box hack





My husband is always asking me at the last minute for a box for a gift card or something and I am always panicking looking for something.

This is an easy trick using so many beautiful christmas cards I get that I do not have the heart to recycle or throw away.  Take anycardand split it in half so it is equal in size.  score whatever you need- here I scored 3/4 inches on all 4 sides of both pieces of card to create what you see, cut side of the box at the corners as shown- I usually will cut horizontally on one side and vertically on the other cardpiece to reduce bulk when you assemble the box.  This card was one I got from Stampin' Up one year and it was so pretty so I kept it for just this purpose.  I did punch half rounds on the sides to make it easier to pull the box out.  Put tape or glue onto the 4 corners at the X to make the bottom piece. i then use the box bottom to put the top together so I know it will fit.  you may have to adjust it a little bit to make it fit.

 


Make sure to use a sturdy tape to put it together so it does not fall apart - Stampin' Seal + should do not the regular Stampin' Seal.
 Easy boxes that you can make any time using what you have on hand- You all must have so many beautiful Christmas cards you are hoarding- it's time to make something and give it away.


  If you have any writing on the inside cover it up with a piece of blank cardstock to fit the box or use some tissue paper- it is nice to get a gift card in a box instead of just a flat card, don't you think?
Enjoy!
Lynda



 

No comments: